Way back in 2008, I was paring down everything I owned to just the bare essentials. I gave away my entire mini collection to my great friend Jim.
I went to visit Jim a couple weeks ago and he gave me all my old minis back! What a guy.
They had seen some rough treatment over the years (Jim plays a lot of D&D!) Many of them were never put on proper bases. So I gave them just a little TLC to cover up some of the chipped paint, and then gave them some more interesting bases.
Back when I painted these, I was tinkering with adding colors to silver to make colored metal. Thus, the two axe fighters here have reddish armor. The red was the least satisfactory color to mix because red + silver comes out a bit pink. Other minis, that I’ll post later, have green or blue steel armor
Most of these are from Ral Partha packs that each came with a male and female pair. From left to right:
- RAFM 3808 Sorcerers who came in a 3-wizard pack (one is getting repaired, the other is lost),
- 11-030 Fighters in Plate Mail with Axes,
- 11-006 Dwarf Fighters (I lost her male counterpart long ago),
- 11-001 Fighters with Swords (his female counterpart will be posted next), and
- 11-007 Elf Magic Users (her male counterpart is still getting some more touch-up.)